Monday 27 May 2013

Gabe Saporta Marries Erin Fetherston

Gabe Saporta talks about the girl of his dreams in the Cobra Starship hit "You Make Me Feel," and now he officially has only one woman to sing it to – his new bride, designer Erin Fetherston. 

The couple wed Sunday (and the bride wore a gown she designed) at the St. Nicholas Abbey plantation in Barbados, PEOPLE has confirmed. 

Saporta, 33, proposed to Fetherston on New Year's Eve while on vacation in the Barbados. 

"I woke up at dawn to go collect coral and flowers from the beach next to our cottage," Saporta told PEOPLE in February. 



"I used them to write out my proposal on our patio and then I woke Erin up in a frenzy to come see a 'monkey' that had appeared in our backyard. My sleepy-eyed bride quickly realized the only monkey that morning was me … and of course, she said, 'Yes!' " 

Unsurprisingly, designer Fetherston played a role in the look of her Lorraine Schwartz engagement ring, an emerald-cut stone set in a pavé basket on a pavé band. 

"The platinum was oxidized to give the ring a vintage feeling," Fetherson said. "I love it because it's luminous and romantic, with the right amount of edge." 

But even if the ring wasn't exactly a surprise, the proposal was, courtesy of Saporta, who managed a few fake-outs prior to popping the question for real. 

"My first step was to psych her out," Saporta told PEOPLE. "On Christmas Eve, I gave her a nicely wrapped ring-box that did not contain her engagement ring. It contained a sick amethyst cocktail ring instead." 

No comments:

Post a Comment